Heresy midrange hole

boxer931

My heresys have the e2 xover with k52 mids. I like the way it sounds most of the time, but there are times when I wish they had a little more body or shall we say, "warmth" in the mids. I have an SVS 20-39 sub and my source is either an NAD C542 CD player, or an old NIKKO NT-700 tuner. Amplifier is NAD C320bee. I also sometimes run them with Trends TA 10.1. In an earlier post I have asked about the purpose of the 33 uf cap across woofer, and got no replies. I realize that these speakers were not designed as stand-alone units, but as loudspeakers that were to be used in conjunction with the larger Heritage speaker. I just wish there was a way to coax more body out of the lower mids. I don't quite understand sealed designs, especially this one, with an enclosure that is too small for a 12" woofer, and the reasoning behind reversing polarity of the mid, and tweeter. This speaker is extremely hard to integrate with a sub! I'm sure that at least one heresy owner can concur with me! Come on guys, what are my options, besides moving to Cornwalls, because I don't have the room for them. Help!!![:'(]

I had a pair of these a few years ago and agree, something is missing with this driver mix compaired to earlier versions.

My recommendation would be to listen to a pair of the previous versions, and if you like those better, you will know it's the architecture of your version.

I dislike the II's to the point I think they are worth at lease 150 buck less than 1's on the used market.

I guess we all like our own poison. I Have heard both the originals and the HIIs. I own the HIIs (they were a gift from my son) and like them much more than the ones with the K55 mid driver. To me, and it is just my personal opinion, they are much more tonally balanced. I have thought that the K55 in the original Heresy brought the midrange a bit too forward. Since they weren't mine, I couldn't lower the mid output to see if I could get a more even sound.

Yes, that's correct, so is everyone saying that these are the dreaded "Frankenheresys", and I'm only gonna get substandard sound from them in their current state? I don't understand the polarity issue with the mids and tweeter, or the purpose of the cap across woofer. Are you guys saying that I gotta get k-55 mids and k-76 tweeters off e-bay, then ditch the cap, and reconfigure to e xover? I thought the k22 was the only woofer for heresy.

'substandard'? Just because they have differenct mid drivers and matching networks? Every time there was a change in driver, even for a modest period of time, Klipsch made network changes to accomodate the different driver.

There's nothing at all 'wrong' with a Heresy 1.5 (as we prefer to call them).

""I think those E2 still used the T2A.

In that case since you have most of the parts from an original
Heresy you could pick up a pair of K55V and convert yours back to the
original component group.""

Yes and.... Other consideration is how the driver mounts to the horn....some used 4 bolts...some were screw types...so a horn change may be needed...there's not enough space for an adapter.

Boxer,

Have you done an A/B between the K52 and K55 Heresy and found that you like the K55 better? Or are you dissatisfied with the "bass shy" nature of the Heresy in general?

I have both versions, and they are more the same than different. The K52 version may even be a little smoother and less forward than the K55 version. I am using my K52 Heresys for the rears in my HT (Cornwalls in front).

IMO, you will be more satisfied with a Cornwall or Forte than trying to "fix" the K52 Heresy.