Where to buy SACD's?

VGREEN

I think it's just Amazon's new user interface, making it evern harder to find anything. Prolly since they now sell everything.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002-4224242-1542411?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=SACD

The sell the SACDs. Although my guess is the supplier is prolly some small specialty shop even though your money goes through Amazon.

I'm about ready to say goodbye to Amazon. Is anyone else not too happy with them anymore? Prolly a good topic for a new thread.

I have recently bought SACDs at amazon with no problem. The ones I ordered came directly from Amazon, not a separate vendor, but they sometimes send them later than the rest of the order, as if not regularly in stock.

I also purchased some from www.deepdiscount.com, which is about as cheap as anywhere. I may have ordered some from www.cduniverse.com as well.

Be aware that many SACDs and DVD-Audios are not being made anymore. High-rez surround, while wildly appreciated by some of us, is a failed format, with only a few specialty labels or individual artists continuing to release new multichannel material. Many attribute its failure to both competing format wars (thanks again, Sony) and the incredible popularity of iPod and other portable and compressed music technologies.

Be careful what you order. Not all SCADs are 5.1 discreet channels. Sometimes SACDs are mono or stereo. Some SCADs are multi-layered and have both.

When I first started buying I assumed all SCADs were 5.1, but that isn't necessarily the case. Especially with some of the older jazz recordings. Although, even in mono the SCAD "musical presense" is astounding on a good system.