klf-c7 amp needed?

motorcitym3

Does anyone know of a good amp to power my KLF-C7 center channel?

I have a Denon AVR-3803 (110x7) powering my KLF-C7/rear surrounds and an Adcom 555ii pretuner/amp (200x2 bi-wired) powering

my KLF-30's. Is there a single channel amp out there that will drive the C7 similar to my fronts? As it stands right now, my fronts way

over power the center channel. Any advise would be appreciated!

Run equal power in front. I had this same problem, I was using a Rotel rb991 (200x2) with a 100x5 receiver(receiver power to center/rears). C7 at 99db you would need 2 times the power to make the same sound as the klf 30's at 102db. Lucky I found a matching a Rotel rb993 (200x3), that now runs the front 3 and the 2 channel Rotel runs a pair of c7's in the rear. Mains are still at -6 to slow them down a bit. They will take over if you let them.

Run equal power in front. I had this same problem, I was using a Rotel rb991 (200x2) with a 100x5 receiver(receiver power to center/rears). C7 at 99db you would need 2 times the power to make the same sound as the klf 30's at 102db. Lucky I found a matching a Rotel rb993 (200x3), that now runs the front 3 and the 2 channel Rotel runs a pair of c7's in the rear. Mains are still at -6 to slow them down a bit. They will take over if you let them.

After checking the crossovers and gains, which all looked correct, I just need more power. Back to my original question...is there an amp for a single channel out there. Do I need a mono amp running off my center channel output from my denon? Should I buy a 2 channel amp that is bridgeable like a Rotel RB-850 50x2 or 150 bridged?

Just run equel power all speakers including rears. Try just receiver power or get a 3 channel that matces the power of the 2 channel that you have. Then turn down the mains a little(use a test disk and a meter with a volume of 100 decibels). Run fronts and mains as full range, if receiver will let you choose a crossover point for a sub try 100hz, that is where the 30's really fall off(per link). Any higher and you could loose that mid bass slam that makes them so much fun.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_7_1/klipsch-klf-30-speakers-3-2000.html

FYI

My last Mustang was full of SVT and other parts!

Cool! I've been lucky to have worked on the Lightning, Stage 3 Roush, Vanquish, CobraR, Ford GT(gt-40), Shelbygt500, KingSnake etc.(damn...some pretty nice rides over the last 11 years!)

My latest project is a 2010 SVT offroad F150...ssshhhhh hush hush!