Denon DVD-2910 VS. DVD-3910

tim3

Can anyone tell me if the Denon dvd-3910 is worth $550 more than the Denon dvd-2910?Allthough I watch dvd's,I'm purchasing it for music.I did'ntt know if the 3910 just had a lot more bells and whistles.Also,what is a sacd vs. a regular cd?Thank you to everyone that has been giving me feedback!I'm learning a lot.This forum is definatly heads and shoulders over the others I've tried.I could'nt buy any audiophile information from anybody.Thanks again,Tim

I own the denon 2910 and got it dirt cheap for 200 dollars at bestbuy magnolia when they were clearing them out. It sounds very well though I have never heard the 3910. My profile tells of what I am running.

SACD is a practically dead format that offered 5.1 true channels and had a 10-100000 hertz range even though you can normally hear 25-20000ish

I have the 3910. I bought it on closeout about a year ago. It will upconvert to 1080i. These units have been discontinued for a little over a year now. I would not pay more than $500 for a unit. I paid 450 for mine with the full warranty, which I needed, because I had to get it repaired. The laser assembly was bad. It was at Denon for 2 months, while they tried to find a part in Japan. I hear there are alot of reports of this assembly going bad. Mine started with a noisy disc sound, and then it had dificulty reading a disc all together. I believe the 2910 and 3910 use the same assembly.

When it works, the performance is very good. Since they have been discontinued for so long, you should be able to get a very good deal on either of these units.