What is the minimum room size for the RF-82 and RF-63?

tbongiorno

I am not sure how to tell if the RF-82 or RF-63 is too much for a room. Let's assume standard 8'-9' ceilings. Is there minimum room size that is suggested for these two speakers? Is there a minimum distance that they should be from the wall, each other, or the listener?

I didn't give my room dimensions because they are going to change in the near future when purchase a new home.

I'm certainly no expert but I'd think the question might rather be what is the MAXIMUM size room for the speaker??

We've got guys with Khorns in the same size room that someone else might think 12" bookshelf speakers are "perfect". (like my wife for example [:(])

Ultimately, I'd guess that it depends on what you listen to, how far you are away from them, what volume you want to use when listening?

Size (alone) may not be too big a factor -- within reason. I think the BBC ruled out rooms below 1,500 cu. ft. ,,, PWK used to prefer a 32 foot (or greater) diagonal, because he doubted that bass waves could be miniaturized. But it turns out that deep bass can be heard in small rooms, just attenuated and given choppy peaks and valleys by barriers that are too close. I had once had Klipschorns in a room that was 14 x 12 x about 9, with a sloped ceiling (non-parallelism can help). They sounded great from the sweet chair, good from elsewhere, and went down to 31.5 Hz smoothly (below the spec of 35), with decent sounding, but attenuated, output at 25 Hz. This result (fluke? The effect of extra firm walls and floor?) was a little better than I get with the same speakers in my current room, which is very large (about 4,500 feet).
Shape may matter, in that you don't want an unseemly cluster of standing waves. Many people on this forum could help you look at the room proportions. See the many, many posts on acoustics by "mas." and others.