Klipsch speaker cable tests

artto

UPDATE, December 11, 6:45 pm: I took a look this afternoon and decided against struggling with tight RCA connectors in a confined space while having to keep one hand on the receiver so it didn't get pushed off the shelf while making a connection.

Instead, I got my friend to come over and stationed her on a hassock with an ear to one of the tweeters while I reached in behind the stand and repositioned various cables, to try to find the positions and routings that would give the least background noise. The test was sort of inconclusive, since moving a given cable away from every other cable would sometimes cause an increase in hiss from the tweeter, contrary to what one would expect.

After about half an hour of this, including disconnecting and re-connecting some banana plugs so certain cables would stop resting on other ones, and so on, I thought I would quit while I was ahead. The hiss is inaudible a foot away from each speaker, which is fine for now and much better than it was last week.

Zip cord was used and some water hose wire.... hahahahahaha

OK, the truth hurts... but lets do it again ok?

I think this is a worthwhile test with Zip Cord vs something $$$$ expensive.

What were the actual speakers used last year? For the record, I was good and never peeked? What were the results too?