Pilgrimage 2008 idea...

Can I offer a helpful suggestion? When we do this this year, can we keep the topic upbeat and keep the silliness out of the official thread? I wonder what or how the rest of the world sees us in here sometimes.. I love to kid a lot of you, but I want the first timers experience to see this as a cool trip to Klipsch heaven for them!

Maybe a official thread from Klipsch and sub divided threads we all can "BS" in under that? Not 100% sure what I am asking, I guess I just want to send a link to so many people that have never come to anything like this, that in my heart that if they could get excited about it... would come and be great customers for Klipsch too? Isn't that what it is really all about too?

My 2 cents

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt that your going to get a completely "on target" thread, I suggest, rathar than try self censorship, I'd like to see Amy either create a Summarized or abridged version for visitors, or, have her delete extraneous posts after they've been there for a day or too. I'd like to see the latter on several other threads also. Some have very interesting topics, but their too large or long for me to continue interest in them. If a forum admin. could cull the BS out of the larger threads, (as while the sharp quips sometimes make for great entertainment), their mostly very timely, and lose their edge within a short time.

Maybe the original thread starter could have the authority to edit the BS out of interesting topics, (after a time period) so when a search is done a year or so later, you don't have to wade through a lot of MUCK.

Just a thought??????

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I'm not exactly sure what you guys are asking in here... Do you mean after the event is over and you guys are discussing it, you want me to judge what is silly and what is useful?

Boy, if I ever got ripped on for being a "censoring Nazi" before, this would really seal that deal!

[:)]

Amy keep your thread Klipsch weekend official... Only you have access. You can post then the agenda..and who is coming....

have a separate (2nd) thread for discussion...(for us..)

If I have one suggestion... Please put thread where 2 channel; HT General and everything else is... This page does not always load up on my computer when I hit forums.. I doubt most people look up here on a regular basis? Title it...Call it The "Klipsch forum/ fan get together.,..In Indy June 20- 21st."

Then go into a "We call it our annual pilgrimage." Blah blah blah Everyone is welcome... Here is what we have planned.. need to get your names ect., etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I offer a helpful suggestion? When we do this this year, can we keep the topic upbeat and keep the silliness out of the official thread? I wonder what or how the rest of the world sees us in here sometimes.. I love to kid a lot of you, but I want the first timers experience to see this as a cool trip to Klipsch heaven for them!

Damn! and I was gonna ask you if you liked barrack or hillary better!