I think I'm content.

arfandbark

Arf:

Good to hear that you are still enjoying the Optonica tuner. The matching amp is powering my garage system. I bought the pair of them on June 29, 1980 - still have the receipt.

Glad it went to a good home.

James

My son keeps trying to remove the Optonica and use it in his system.

No deal. I have a Sansui TU-7900 and a Kenwood KT-7500 idling away upstairs he can use. Not to mention the H/K 930 he's using currently.

Why does he want the Optonica???? Because I'm using it.

Why am I using it??? Because it outperforms the above mentioned units, in my opinion.

You did me right, James. I thank you!

Yeah, I am very content as well, but I feel I have the best of all worlds, although I just had my SME rewired by Alfred Kayser and also original sme adapter plate. I almost sold my VRD's for a MC 275, but I am glad I did not do it. I have a RF 83 setup for HT and then my Vert. Decorator cornwalls in my garage. If I were to do anything else, I would get rid of my NAD in the garage and put something a little nicer in there, but I do not fee the urge to do so. I think I will enjoy my current setup for quite some time. Thank goodness I don't have a room big enough for Jubes!!!!!