RF7 vs RF5 with sub

johnny24c

which would be a better deal for home theater ??????

I can get RF5 and a KSW15 for about the same price as the RF7. since the sub handles the low freq and makes everything sound bigger would there really be that big of a difference in the 7 over 5 ? I have already ordered the RC7 for center from sounddistributors which was supposed to be here yesterday. I haven't actually been able to hear the Reference line yet so am depending on the experience of the board. Thanks in advance

This message has been edited by johnny24c on 01-05-2002 at 05:17 PM

Easy easy as 1 2 and 3

The RF-7 uses a better tweeter,true compression driver 1.75" with a big magnet.While size does not make a tweeter this driver is more detailed then the tweeters used in the lower R series models(RF-5 and down).

The RF-7 tweeter is the same as the RC-7,perfect from match.

As for the bass the RF-7 takes on the RF-5 with a KSW15.The KSW15 cant provide the slam and impact 4 ten inch mid-bass drivers can.

With a good power amp the RF-7 knock out the RF-5 with the KSW15.And the RF-7 can dig as low as the KSW15 can.

Plus the RF-7's have so much bass slam you can even distance them from walls and still get serious punch with no boomy subs.

Unless you would get the RF-5 with a RSW15 I dont see or hear how a RF-5 and KSW15 can even come close.

Unless you have a very small room and dont have space for the large RF-7's.I have a 10*14 room and I managed to fit lots of Klipsches plus a few ATI amps,Sunfire subs and other audio gear.

I use RF-5's as sourrounds! Combined with the RF-7's and RC-7 they give me true HT at realistic volume(even at ear tearing)with no audible compression or distortion.

I say RF-7 all the way.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Klipsch RF-7s with a SVS subwoofer. Smile.gif

------------------

Home Theater:

TV: Panasonic TH-42PW4 (42" 16:9 Plasma)

Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (230V version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Sony DVP-S9000ES

VCR: Sony SLV-ED100 (Hi-Fi VCR)

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

My main concern is spending $1750 (shipped) for the RF7's when I haven't had a chance to compare them to my CF4's ,which sound pretty good to me and are slightly bigger than the RF7's. If they do sound that much better than the CF4's then I have no problem, but if not I would be sick.

Would the CF4's work good for rears, they are both rated at 102db ?

CF4's as rear! Why not? Damn at 102dB 1W/1M on the sourrounds you would have a POWERFUL SOURROUND!

Do the RF-7's sound better?I cant speak for you,you would have to compare.What sound best to me may not sound better to your ears.

All I can say is I prefer the RF-7's to the KLF20 and 30.The KLF30 has a wee bit more slam,the RF-7's have more snap.Snap to me its the upper bass that is defined and fast.

The RF-7's are damn inpressive.In fact the R series made me reconsider Klipsch and now I have almost the whole R series speakers(no RSW subs and no R series sourrounds).

TheEAR(s) Now theears