RF 82 Performance

LFE

New Year Greetings! Hello everyone finally i own 2 RF82's along with a Yammie RX-V1500 (120W/RMS). I connected my RF's to the A section of the amp. and changed the speaker impedence to 8 Ohms, then i selected the front two speakers as LARGE & the cross overs set to 60Hz. my room size was selected MEDIUM. The result was that the LFE from those speakers was astounding & more than expected when played DVD's wth LF signals (i played Enigma,Eagles-H. Calif.). BUT when i tried to play Jacksons History, the Corrs, kylie, Guns n Roses, all higher frequencies and midrange felt harsh. Still i am workin on the auto setup with YPAO to remove this harshness. Does anyone know how to tame the highs & midrange? or is this a technical problem with Klipsch? Will this change when i ll have a full home theatre system which will channel the frequencies to seperate speakers? Moreover, i am worried coz i have seen the "made in china" on the back of RF 82's. This was confirmed by the p-o-o-r quality of outer wood finish which was loose and tend to tear off when touched on the edges.But anyhow i am impressed by the POWER of those 8" Cones. thanks.

• Like 1

I do believe that the harshness will tame by the break in time. Others have posted that it takes some time for the speakers to break in, this should change in a few weeks, depends on playing time. You may have to readjust in the next few weeks as this happens.

As far as the "finish was loose and tend to tear off when touched", I have not seen or heard about that before. Did you purchase your speakers thru a authorized dealer?

I can only say, sit back and enjoy the sound.

James

Yes, through an authorized dealer listed in klipsch official site . You might not have heard it coz i guess you are somewhere in US or nearby places[:|]. RF 82 never comes here in real wood finish (only in US). Here it comes in plywood with coatings. Thanks for your reply about break-n time of speakers.

• Like 1

Finally all blames on poor Yammie! thatz no good. Actually i have heard RF 82's with my friends Denon 2308 (japan) also. Same effects for highs & mids.Yammie was even more nice sounding, user friendly and its YPAO was perfect when compared with Denon's. i think most probably (as some say here) its all about the break-in time of speakers.Try playing 'Guns n Roses' or any Jazz Song & 'Enigma' in RF 82, then you'll find the real difference. RF82 handles 'Enigma' perfectly and 'Guns n roses' will sound little noisy .i.e, the highs & mids are too much than expected. i am not an expert in the settings, may be there also lies something.

I seen in the other post that you purchased these speakers in U.A.E. I also seen that they are indeed listed in the dealer list. My only concern is that they opened up your speakers and the boxes were banged up. I do live in the states, but when I purchase my RF-83 setup they had to special order it. When I went to pick them up the boxes looked great and nothing was opened.

I hope everything works out for you.

James

Yes Mr. James thatz the advantage being there in US. [:)] Well, yesterday i played RF82's with a Muvee with Dolby/DTS EX recording (the old Titanic). man, no words for the quality! i feel that these speakers are designed for muvees.i dont know why harshness dont feel when movies are played instead of music. i have seen the same movie in a BOSE AM 15. And i feel the real difference now. i dont have surround or sub., but it was far better than AM15. But if we play PCM signals, the quality comes down. i never play in 2 channel stereo. i use standard/PLII in the Yammie.

I do see your point, really sorry to hear. Yes, the RF line is geared more toward movies then 2-channel. The heritage line of speakers are the ones to get for 2-channel. After I purchased my RF setup within a year I have purchased a pair of '81 Heresy and a pair of '71 Cornwalls.

If you ever get the chance, listen to any of the Heritage line.

James