Mounting KS-7800-THX in ceiling?

Luckadoo

I have posted this in the Home Theater forum as well.

I am planning on mounting 2 pairs of KS-7800-THX speakers in an angled ceiling for my back and surround channels.

As I was unpacking the first speaker my spousal unit asks me "Why does it say do not mount in ceiling"? Being the alpha male, I say "What possibly are you referring to"? Or at least something similar to that effect.

Well, it turns out that stamped right there on the back of the speaker, which was directly in front of the spousal unit at the time, it says "do not mount in ceiling". I haven't been able to find any other reference to this in the owners manual or on the website.

I haven't tried contacting Klipsch directly regarding this just yet, so can anyone here shed some light on this?

Thanks,

David

• 1 month later...

They are too heavy to hang in anything other than vertical wall. Besides, why pay for THX rated speakers only to use them in a non-THX approved location?

Save your money and get CDT 5650 C or just wait, we're probably working on a THX ceiling speaker somewhere..we showed one at CES last year.

it says "do not mount in ceiling". I haven't been able to find any other reference to this in the owners manual or on the website.

I haven't tried contacting Klipsch directly regarding this just yet, so can anyone here shed some light on this?

Its a simple experiment in social Darwinism.

Are we really discussing this?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello David,

If you take a digital picture of your room along with room dimensions,
seated listening distance from front>back and side walls I will work up a
quick room analysis for you with recommendations. Just PM me with the info and
give me some time to work it.

Best regards,

Ray