Convert mid-bass woofer into a deep bass one?

Colin

I asked this on the five page long review topic, but I thought I would pull it out here:

what frequency response I could get if I turned my KSW200 on its back like a turtle and built a three foot box around the bottom feet?

In other words, if I get the KSW200 hum fixed, can I convert a mid-bass woofer into a deep bass one by building a 3 to 6' wall around it?

------------------

Colin's Music System Cornwall 1s & Klipsch subs; lights out & tubes glowing!

This message has been edited by Colin on 01-12-2002 at 10:34 AM

Be more specific.I think I follow you to some poiny here but ...

The best way to get deep bass would be to mount the woofer in a SVS/HSU type tuve.Tune the port around the resonating frequency of the woofer(or a bit below).

This would no doubt give you more low freq. SPL.It would still not be a SVS SS or JBL Ti-K but you would no doubt get some nice low bass out of it.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

forrest, quit pickin on the Ear, don't you know he has "no life"?

guess I was thinkling about what the response would be if I extend the walls of the KSW200, since I have access to lumber and not a tube, up about three feet and get some deep bass, maybe I should review all the DIY sub-bass woofer posts out there ...

Mike and Colin,

You will notice after I made a post ForrestDump will try to notice anything he cas and make a BIG deal out of it! And his post had alot to do about audio..as always.Read most of his posts! THEY ARE LACED WITH ANTI CARVER AND KRELL BS with some first grader insults!

This is his last post...

"Or the Edit Function moron. LOL"

AUDIO RELATED AND HE DID not even atempt to ANSWER your question Colin! Help I think not

With all due respect I think Mr Forrest should be forced to wear his restraint jacket more often.And his internet time removed.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Looks like somebody already did it to your face Mike Steer. And that Avatar pic probably does you justice LOL Most idiots that dont know about audio like you are also ugly LOL well off to my shoot where I won't do it to myself. Lay off the meth Steer. HAHAHA

------------------

go forth & hump the world

now, im glad to see that you are all playing nice over here. For a momment, it seemed that there was an arguement between "justin: computer kid" and "earwax" against forrestthump...but i doubt that would be the case, i mean this is a grown up board right? And Forrest, I reccomend that you dont start fights with those in the 1000 and up post range, people like us better than they like you, mailny due to the fact that we try to help people. In any case, dont make me use force tricks on your ***, and leave Ears and Justin alone, son.

------------------

DONT PM ME! i dont check em if you have any questions

email me @: skpathak24@socal.rr.com

IM me @: Strategerie270

Screw you, Action! Smile.gif

This message has been edited by DBvader on 01-12-2002 at 02:45 AM

Forrest, you're a complete idiot (period). I bet if we were to see you for real, you'd look like a bag of smashed a**holes so don't comment on others beauty or lack there-of.

------------------

Don't count on me, to let you know when.....

Don't count on me, I'll do it again.

Don't count on me, it's the point you're missing.

Don't count on me, cause I'm not listening.