What Sub would be best for the RF-3II ?

Gh7

i am kinda confused on this one , yesterday i was at my local Klipsch Dealer and checking out the RF-3 II, the sound is just amazing. These suckers kick ***. i was Planing on gettting the RF-3 II along with the Ksw 12 subwoofer, the one thing is they had the RF-3II hooked up with a Ksw 15 sub, He turned on the system and played the dvd Gone in 60 Seconds, the sound of the bass was awesome, just to know what would you guys recommend, the Ksw 12 or 15 for the RF-3 II? anthor thing i am gonna buy the Denon 2802 reciever, will this reciever output enough power for the Ksw 15 sub? They had a Intergra THX Amp, i dont plan to get something thatr big.

• Like 1

I would recommend a RSW-10 or an equivilant SVS if possible. Smile.gif

------------------

Home Theater:

Display: Sony VPL-VW11HT LCD Projector

Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (230V version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Sony DVP-S9000ES

VCR: Sony SLV-ED100 (Hi-Fi VCR)

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Gh7,

All KSW Subs have their own internal power amps, so no amplification required from your receiver. You will need to determine whether you will hook up sub using the receiver's Low Frequency Effects (LFE) out put jack on receiver or connecting the sub using speaker wire to the receiver's speaker terminals.

As to recommendations for which sub, you need to determine if the size and dynamics of your listening warrant the bigger sub. I have the entire RF-3's set-up w/KSW-12 (pretty good sub). However, if buying now I would opt for the larger sub upfront. The new RSW Subs are also getting good reviews. If funds are not an issue go for the best sub you can get for dollars spent. A good sub will make your movie and music experiences far more pleasurable.

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>