Ever notice...

Klipschguy

• Moderators

Yep, that's the way I listen, to the point that when someone says to listen for certain things I have a very hard time hearing them. I think I am probably better off in the long run not having trained ears and just enjoying the music. You can still defiantly hear a better sounding setup that way, and it's more fun.

I always find listening with the lights out, so you don't see the speakers, you get into the sounds, instead of looking at speakers, after all, you hear with your ears not your eyes ......... Ever Notice ; Other peoples equipment sounds better than your's, or so you think, even when you know you own better equipment ?

I always find listening with the lights out, so you don't see the speakers, you get into the sounds, instead of looking at speakers, after all, you hear with your ears not your eyes ......... Ever Notice ; Other peoples equipment sounds better than your's, or so you think, even when you know you own better equipment ?

I totally concur on that thought OB, and I prefer to listen when in darkened environment. Tubes are my only solution to part II of your statement. Thought I had hi-fi, only to discover my system is mid-fi after listening to several other systems.

It is hard now knowing what you are missing, and cannot afford to upgrade to that level.

SOMEDAY![:P][:D]

Klipsched, Aren't you the Guy with Cornwalls in a Mobile Home ? 'nough said ............. Enjoy what you have, you do realize that away from this Forum, you have better equipment than most people own now, or will ever own .... please, one more time from me to you,.. "I never knew my stereo sucked, until I joined this Forum" ... Enjoy !!!!!!!!

Yer supposed to listen to the music! [;)]

I used to do the same thing as a teenager- lights out and just immerse myself into the music. It does help to deprive a set of senses to focus on another set. Think of it. We've heard stories about Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder hearing things the recoring engineers didn't catch. Yeah, lights out is the way for me! Besides, you can see the tubes glowing better [:D]

Klipsched, Aren't you the Guy with Cornwalls in a Mobile Home ? 'nough said ............. Enjoy what you have, you do realize that away from this Forum, you have better equipment than most people own now, or will ever own .... please, one more time from me to you,.. "I never knew my stereo sucked, until I joined this Forum" ... Enjoy !!!!!!!!

Yes, and yes! I wasn't always in a mobile home, but that is another story!

Damn, I miss my house! I suppose it is human to want better, but I do appreciate what I have.

Klipsched, Aren't you the Guy with Cornwalls in a Mobile Home ? 'nough said

That was not a demeaning comment ...My point was Cornwalls in a trailer must be LOUD because of the room size .... Brings back a memory of an ad I once saw back in the 70's ............. it went like this ; "Klipsch Speakers and a ten watt amp will get you evicted from your trailer park" ... that makes me chuckle ...... I hope you didn't take it wrong !!!!!!!!