ARRIVAL SCAN

WINDSOR,

ON,

CA

13/02/2008

0:54

A HOLD HAS BEEN REQUESTED. PAYMENT MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO RELEASE / THE
RECEIVER HAS AGREED TO ACCEPT THE DELIVERY CHARGES

Wow, wonders never cease. Ungainly Package Smashers strike again. I can't wait to scream at someone.

Michael had an extreme case (I wonder how they'll try to explain multiple border crossings?), but UPS is trouble more often than not. My Dx-38 arrived this afternoon. I told the dealer specifically to use FedEx, not UPS, but they did anyway, with the shipping guy claiming that nobody told him. The brokerage fee was $66, while FedEx doesn't charge a brokerage fee at all.

That was in addition to the shipping charge and taxes, of course.

Just to improve my mood, although I asked and was assured that the unit would come with a power cord, it came without one, although the XLR cables that I ordered and paid for were included.

Driving across the border to pick something up takes time and money, but you just wind up tired, not pissed off. A fair trade, most of the time.

Islander,

$66 is an amazing difference in cost for shipping across the border.

Michael,

So have you gotten it yet? This shipment should be sending postcards from the travel itinerary.

more excellence from DHL:

Yesterday I stayed home to be here for a signature required dhl shipment from dell. Now I'm wondering if I should stay home today as well, since it didn't arrive yesterday as indicated on tracking.

I don't want to suggest that this spoiled my day. I've given up going around being mad about things beyond my control. Just reporting more experience.

I don't want to suggest that this spoiled my day. I've given up going around being mad about things beyond my control. Just reporting more experience.

A good and healthy attitude, DD, even if it can be difficult at times.

As for me, I've given up on worrying. Many years ago, I realized that worrying was unproductive and actually made me less able to deal with whatever crisis was impending. Accordingly, now I just prepare as best I can and deal with what happens. Less stressful and more effective.

As for me, I've given up on worrying. Many years ago, I realized that worrying was unproductive and actually made me less able to deal with whatever crisis was impending. Accordingly, now I just prepare as best I can and deal with what happens. Less stressful and more effective.
I contend these two responses are representative of what makes this forum so special, of course there are a few exceptions.

I contend these two responses are representative of what makes this forum so special, of course there are a few exceptions.

Thanks, Arky! You're special, too! [Y]