What type of solder?

I forgot for a moment that I am dealing with sensible and experianced people here. That's a big change for me.

I started using the 2% silver when I worked on 3 phase motor controllers, not because of the high current/heat, but mostly for theclean connection. There are times I use plain 60/40, but I really like the 2% silver as well.

I have been using the same roll of solder for what seemes like forever.

Bruce

...considering it is going for over $18 an ounce currently.

Which means it would be less than $6 worth of silver in a 1 lb. spool of 2% solder. Not exactly breaking the bank.

Bruce

I forgot for a moment that I am dealing with sensible and experianced people here. That's a big change for me.

I started using the 2% silver when I worked on 3 phase motor controllers, not because of the high current/heat, but mostly for theclean connection. There are times I use plain 60/40, but I really like the 2% silver as well.

I have been using the same roll of solder for what seemes like forever.

Bruce

Between this place and Bob Crites, I have completed my 12-step program to purge myself from the logical poisoning of audiophile mythology. I am fully converted to real-world practical application and measurements. That is... not going to extremes with caps, components solder or other "magic bullets" that make no sense on paper. Mention using plain 60/40 or 63/37 on some audio forums and watch the fireworks begin... "What???? You mean it's not 99/100ths pure melted silver blessed by a Tibetan Monk and cryogenically treated on cable elevators??? Did you at least place a phosphorescent drink coaster heated to 102.7 degrees on top of the speakers to focus the imaging?"