Amp Vote

PYRO

After weeks of research I have come to this conclusion.....I just don't know which Amp to get and I can't get the dealers to let me test them at home. So help me decide. I will be purcahsing some cornwall III's soon. Current Amp is a Rotel RMB-1095. Want to improve system in the Amp dept..

McIntosh MC205, $6K, Clarity, US built

Sunfire TGA-5400, $3.8K, Power, Made in China (confirmed today)

B & K 200.5 S2, Sound, US Built

Thanks,

Another thought..... what's your Rotel amp not doing for you that any of the listed amps will acomplish? While all of these amps you listed are great amps, the Rotel is no slouch either. You may get more bang for your buck keeping the amp you have and instead spending that money on a new processor or some other toy. Take a look at the new Integra DTC-9.8 (again slight bias), mateing that with your existing amp would get you Audyssey Multi EQ, Reon HQV video processing, HDMI upconversion, and all the new surround processing codecs such as DTS-MA. I don't see a HDM player on your component list, but the Integra ($1700) + a Blu-Ray player would cost less than a new amp and bring a greater overall system improvement. Just my 2 cents though.

The rotel has been a good amp for me. I am just ready to upgrade...........not that any of my equipment is bad or outdated etc. Just doing it because I can.

As for the input from everyone.....thanks again.

My plan is to do the following and I always follow through on a plan.

Replace RF-7 system with Cornwall III's (Main) Herseys III's (Center and Surrounds) Good fit for my room size!!!!