Avoiding Speed Traps

cmdridq

Emergency Vehicle Operations Course - usually geared for whatever type of emergency services you are part of. Typically part of the academy, then refreshers every year or two. Years back I did the one for fire apparatus, then of course law enforcement some time later, which is geared to far more extreme operation.

This guy got a red light camera ticket while part of a funeral procession (legal to ignore red), and got royally jacked around by the city before they cleared it up. No one cared. There really is no procedure in place to help you if you are innocent, you have to waste a lot of time and be an amateur lawyer to avoid getting screwed.
---------------
Verissimo told the city they made a mistake, and even sent them a letter from the funeral home verifying he was in a procession, stating in part, "The vehicle in summons was part of the funeral procession."

But the city told Verissimo to "contact the customer service department of American Transportation Systems," the company that processes the red-light camera tickets.

That company sent Verissimo right back to the city.

"So, you contacted the company that's responsible for processing the picture. They tell you to contact Philadelphia who told you to contact them. What do you make of that?" Hairston asked.

"I look like a ping-pong ball. Go right, go left, go right. I don't know what else to do," Verissimo said.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/15296359/d...l?dl=mainclick