Recommendations

Tom_E

Hello chaps!

I wanna ask you something. I'v changed jobs lately, and become a Klipsch dealer! Its a facinating job. We have the RF-82's and 83's in the shop for demo. We are talking about ordering the new palladium speakers, but we'll see.

We have hooked the RF-83's up with alot of the norwegian Electrocompaniet gear, and now we have also the complete set of Parasound New Classic series(the biggest power amp). We also got the RT-10d. It really pounds. :)

But i wanna ask you. We can get our hands of alot of things. But what electronics do you recomend with the RF-83's? The Electrocompaniet stuff is very nice and refined. Acctually, it's too "high end" for the speakers if you ask me. Therefor we hooked the Parasound up with the 83's, and they are more of a match.

We often sell these speakers to people who wants all-round/party speakers who play nice. Many who had/has Cerwin Vega, and wants something good. :)

Looking foreward to some nice recommendations.

-Tom

I would say that in addition to the RF series, you should stock and display some HERETAGE speakers! Say a nice pair of JUBS or CW3s, These speakers know how to dress nice and impress the social elete as well as get down and shake the walls at party time. You may never need to sell any other line of speakers!

As to the amps, like they say with computers, Garbage in, Garbage out! There is no such thing as TOO GOOD of electronics to feed them with[^o)]

I would say that in addition to the RF series, you should stock and display some HERETAGE speakers! Say a nice pair of JUBS or CW3s, These speakers know how to dress nice and impress the social elete as well as get down and shake the walls at party time. You may never need to sell any other line of speakers!

As to the amps, like they say with computers, Garbage in, Garbage out! There is no such thing as TOO GOOD of electronics to feed them withHmm

As far as other options go, I would seriously think about Rotel. Their products are reasonably priced compared to mid to higher end separates, and the average joe that is looking to get into separates would not think that Rotel is elitist gear (necessarily).

As far as the Heritage line goes, I agree with the suggestion of Cornwalls III - would be great if you could stock a pair to demo or even a pair of LaScalas II.

As far as Jubilees, however, I was not aware that Klipsch had authorized or "approved" for those speakers to be marketed in retail dealers as home speakers. Perhaps Roy or Amy can chime in if I'm mistaken about that. That doesn't mean that Jubs are not fine or even outstanding speakers for the home - because I think they are - and I think that Klipsch would be well-served to have them marketed out there in retail dealers (and in advertising) for the home market. I just don't think that Klipsch is at that point yet.

Of course, it should be noted that Klipsch, through Roy, has been making Jubs available for those lucky individuals who have acquired them from the pro side and set them up in their homes. Kudos to Roy for helping make that happen.

Carl.

Thanks for some nice ideas! Rotel seems like a very smart idea. McIntosh too. If it all where up to me, we would have alot of heritage, but alas.

Most of the people who buy think about the WAF factor. You know what they say "everything is big in America". :)

I am hoping on the Palladium though!

If it all where up to me, we would have alot of heritage, but alas.
Most of the people who buy think about the WAF factor. You know what they say "everything is big in America". :)

The Heresy is not that big in size - its friendly to place, the workmanship is very nice. Compare the size to RF63/83...
and for the EAF (Ear Acceptance Factor), it sounds great!

Akustikkramme før stoff