Diy k-horn help please

thumperxes

If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated. I would like to try to build a set of k-horns *** close to a match as the 60th anniversary model as possible as in doing so I have a few questions. 1) are all internal pieces made using mdf from what I can tell most inner ramps are birch ply 2) I would like to know as many of the measurements as possible from an actual 60th k-horn as possible letters a-I letter

A) thickness

B) Thickness

C) opening edge to edge not edge to front

D) inside opening

E) overall front height of bass bin

F) thickness

G) width edge to edge if possible will settle for front width and side grill thickness

H)front to back

I) would be from the inner corner to corner where the side grill would sit.

This is a project that I will be taking my time on and hope to finish. My goal is to build one of the best looking diy k-horns I have already built a set of LaScalas that turned out beautiful but hope to put a better finish on them than the one that is on there now. Thank you to anyone that has offered me there time to help me with this project of mine. I already have I think all the plans that I can find on the net for the k-horn.

256964537_kLam9-M.jpg

cant afford a new set and i already have the drivers and alot of time to try to build them im thinking heavy figured anigre or pomele sapeli as the face im also debating on makint the internal panels matching grain. i work in a shop that presses venere on plywood and that finishes them for boat companys.

i think what i might try is to make a k horn from the plans that i have found on the net but with a removable back assembly that functions like the enclosed back does but have it removable this shouldnt be to hard to do with using the kreg pocket hole for screwing it together i just hope i dont end up with a pile of fire wood. i will always have the lascalas i made to listen to. i will start withe the original plans and modifiy it to the best of my ability