Best current sub at $1000? $1500?

98_1LE_2

Dayton...SVS PC+...no no no you can do so much better.

Epik Castle and for $1599..Epik Conquest. You level even the SVS Ultra13 with the Conquest.

And eD (Elemental Designs) single and dual driver subs using 15" and 18" drivers. Again the room is large and you need a sub that can move alot of air ....

The above represent HUGE value.

For HT use nothing beats a larger vented sub . Only a still larger vented sub...or IB. [:D]

• 3 weeks later...

KSW12 was the previous sub. It is on eBay now, and the eD is 4-8 weeks out, so I will be without for a short time. I didn't want to spend this much, but have been disappointed with both home subs I have previously purchased, and didn't want to be this time.

• 4 weeks later...

This is an odd question as there are probably many stereo magazines and websites that rate subs. Anyway, I had a KSW12 and it was simply not enough for my room. I moved up to an RT12D (which is in your proce range). It is awesome! If you have the money then having to ask seems unnessary. It all comes down to your accoustics. I needed tons of power on the bottom to make me happy. Something other than the RT12D might have done but I wanted to stay within the brand. And have I said that this thing looks awesome? If you really have the $$ then pony up for an RT and see what it feels like.

• 2 weeks later...

So far I have only watched three movies with the new sub and system. Basically untuned I am happy, knowing there is improvements to be had.

Without the benefit of corner loading, which the KSW12 had in its favor, early reports would be that this thing blows the little Klipsch out of the water... I am very confident I will not be disappointed with this sub.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my eD A3 300 for about 3 weeks now and it is great. It'll shake the piss out of the front room.500 bucks well spent. Aliens vs Predator is a movie with a lota booms in it. I want to thank TheEar for steering in that direction. Good call.

• 8 months later...

Now that I have had this sub for months I thought I would follow up.

This sub is amazing. Without corner loading (it sits along the back wall of a 20x21 room that is pretty open to the kitchen behind the sub). There have been times where a bass effect was felt and not heard. The bass doesn't feel like it does in a car, especially in the center of the room, but is pronounced. Everything in the living room that rattled has been dealt with, but things in every other room of the house rattle then the movie is cranked up.

Without question I would buy it again.