Bought a PS3 today!

wuzzzer

Due to outstanding sales last month I was given a nice bonus at work. I decided to split the money down the middle with my wife and splurge on whatever we wanted. Since HD-DVD has been axed I had been looking at getting a PS3. Learning that the original 20gig and 60 gig units were 100% backwards compatible with all the PS2 games I own led me to look at eBay for one. I just happened to stumble upon one that was ending within 30 seconds of my searching for them. I bid and got one for a great price. I already bought an adapter so that I can use my PS2 guitar for Guitar Hero.

I changed my NetFlix account to send Blu-Ray discs when applicable. I already put Cars and The Simpsons Movie at the top of my queue.

I can't wait to get it, especially for such upcoming games as Gran Turismo 5.

You'll like it, I guarantee it! I bet, though, once you play a PS3 game your PS2 games won't see much screen time, especially if you have a big screen.

That's why I picked up the 40 gig unit. I love it on the 93" screen. Even at 720p it looks incredible!

I think on my 56" tv it will look nice. [:)]

Well, there are some classic games for PS2 that I would like to still be able to play. A friend of mine has a son who is turning 13 soon. They've wanted to get a PS2 for a while but didn't really have the money for it. I'm plannning on giving him my old PS2, wireless controllers and several games. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he gets it!