RF-62s or RB-61s?

kinsmajp@uwec.edu

I have decided to finally get a Klipsch Sub-10 for my setup. I'M ALMOST DONE!!! Here is what I have:

Yamaha RX-V661, RB51s, RC52, SUB10.

I was thinking of moving my RB51 to rears and putting either RF62s or RB61s in front. Is either better w/wo a sub? I am in a dorm room now but smaller apartment come June....

Any help is apprecitated...

Jake

kINSMAJP,

I know you have the "Bug", now..................I would suggest that you wait, until you move, to make a final Decision.

You'll find the Floor standing speakers give you a Bigger, fuller sound, than Bookshelves. Since you already have a sub, that is a mute point.

IF you feel the need to get more, I would honestly look the RF 62. For Bookshelves look at the RB 81's.............Good Luck, and Post Pics.

It would not necessarily drown it out, but if your moving up to the 82, I'd save and get the RC64.  For HT the Center is the Most important speaker for the Front..................Good Luck.  

The RC-64 is not a good match for the RF-82s. The RC-62 is. I have 82s with the RC-62, and the sound stage is seamless.

for my PC i have a set of RB-81's for fronts and rb-51's for rears... the rb-51's hang from the ceiling with mounts... but i had to adjust the distance in the receiver to get them "balanced" out to sound even for me. the rb-81's on their own can easily drown out the 51's.... My 2 cents..

for my PC i have a set of RB-81's for fronts and rb-51's for rears... the rb-51's hang from the ceiling with mounts... but i had to adjust the distance in the receiver to get them "balanced" out to sound even for me. the rb-81's on their own can easily drown out the 51's.... My 2 cents..

Are you saying that the RF-62s will drown out the RB-51s that I put in the rears?

get yourself a RC 62 center along with the RF 62s. I just purchased the same setup. very nice. I actually demoed the RF 82s compared to the 62s. The only difference were they were a little more bassy than the 62s. For $175 more, they didnt sound that much better plus I was already over budget since I upgraded to the RF62s from the RB61s, and upgraded to the RC62 from the RC52. hope that helps.

get yourself a RC 62 center along with the RF 62s. I just purchased the same setup. very nice. I actually demoed the RF 82s compared to the 62s. The only difference were they were a little more bassy than the 62s. For $175 more, they didnt sound that much better plus I was already over budget since I upgraded to the RF62s from the RB61s, and upgraded to the RC62 from the RC52. hope that helps.

I get the RC-52 for $119 and I would have to pay almost full price for RC-62 and I don't know if it's worth it at that point....

So this is the last time I will bother you guys........

I just got the Synergy Sub 10 and I can't hear the difference in my options because of them not being in the same store. Anyways, I do have a sub. Is it worth, double the price, for RF-62s instead of RB-61s if I ALREADY have a sub to get lower frequencies that the RB-61s miss? If I should get the RF-62s, just tell me but I want to do what is economical for me if I don't HAVE to get the RF-62s..... Thank you again....(RB51s rears, RC-52 center).