New (to me) heresy speakers...what receiver on a limited budget?

schlaager

I guess I don't get it. I have used my Merlin/Dynaco combo with my Heresy IIs, an H/K430 with my Heresy IIs, and the bass is the same with both, and it is GREAT! I don't mean you can just tell there is bass there but not enough. They sound GREAT. Do you guys put thump boxes in your cars too? You probably use some high falootin' wire, too.

I just picked up some Heresy II's and on the advice of some forum members sought out a H/K x30 model. I was able to get a mint 730 twin powered for $60 (cosmetically and acoustically perfect)! I believe this model is rated at 40 wpc and I can't bear to turn it up to 1/2 volume. This amp truly makes my heresy's shine =)

I have to agree with Josh here. I have a 730 hooked up to my Cornwalls and they sound great. I also have a Yamaha CR-1020, hooked up to a pair of Heresy and that sounds great also.

So, I would suggest either a H/K x30 model or Yamaha x20 model, either can be had for under $200.

James

BTW, Josh great price for your H/K.

Thanks! Craigslist is truly a wonderful place =D

Hello Schlaager , i would advise you with solid-state buy a Rotel about 100-150 watts these got good power supplies and they will really rock you

with tubes i would say a good 55-60 watts KT88-6550 amp

these are my experiences with the Heresy

greetings from the netherlands -europe

from Fred.

1979 La Scala and 1983 Heresy owner

• 2 years later...