Would this work....?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never realized there were that many different notes in the bass rift in MJ's "Billy Jean".

Paul Simons' guiter sounds so "right" on St Judys Comet.

I bought Wish You Were Here today (old one got wrecked years ago). I never heard the background body noises (Sniffles, deep breath, throat clearing) in the first 1:30 of the title track as clearly as tonight.

I'm currently making my 317th atempt to get Daves' recordings down to disc so they'll play on my Oppo.

Oh Yeah, I almost forgot. This is all on a 25 year old Carver Receiver that the Horns previous caretaker gave me because he heard my Yamaha was starting to die and the funds for its replacement were used to purchase the Horns. (That and he didn't want to hassle with ebaying it) And I have no real corners. In fact, one is sitting about a foot from the nearest wall. There's only about 4 feet between the closest corner points on the speakers where they are now. I can't imagine what these are going to be like with corners and newer front end, possibly tubes.

Can't wait till morning so I can turn em past .75 on the volume dial, living in a duplex at the moment and need to kick my neighbor out for an hour or 6. I have yet to see any of the segments in the 10 segment led power meter light up other than the 1st one that's on if the unit is.

Clean. Clear. Crisp.

Solid. Tight. Snappy.

A guy could get used to these.