why premium cable costs so much

Daddy Dee

I'm still trying to figure out why the special length coax cables I purchased have arrows printed on the wire showing which way the sound travels. I did follow the arrows but I didn't want too just to be contrary. Do they have arrows on coat hangers?

JJK

Yeh. I have always thought that was silly, but came to wonder after a buddy made some interconnects for me.

He built them with high end microphone cables. He used the two interior wires and connected the mesh shield to one end. In his experience the shield did a better job if tied to the upstream side. Anyway, I have wondered if this is the case with the arrow stickers on interconnects.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still trying to figure out why the special length coax cables I purchased have arrows printed on the wire showing which way the sound travels. I did follow the arrows but I didn't want too just to be contrary. Do they have arrows on coat hangers?

JJK

The only reason I can think of for a cable to be directional is if it is telescopically shielded. If that is so, the end that has the shield hooked up should be connected to the source. Unless, of course, you get less noise hooking it up the other way[:D]