eBay Alert - The 3 Drivers on eBay are not Klipsch K-33-E Drivers

Corvette6769

Until just now, I assumed that everyone had seen through the false advertising in the following three eBay auctions that end just over an hour from now.
However seeing them bid to over $75.00 including shipping already, I thought I should warn unsuspecting bidders that the "5.7 ohm" Eminence 15 inch drivers for sale in the above eBay auctions are most definitely NOT Klipsch K-33-E Woofers.
All Klipsch K-33-E drivers are 4 ohm drivers that measure about 3.2 ohms DCR, not 5.7 ohms.
Also, the square magnet on Klipsch K-33-E measure 5.9 inches, not 5.1 inches like the generic Eminence 15-inch drivers he is trying to pass off as Klipsch K-33-E drivers.
Even though I informed the seller, he has failed to correct his listings.

I have seen this problem with siren drivers which appear to be k-55's. The give away is the DCR which comes in at 6 ohms instead of the usual 11 ohms. The siren drivers are being passed off as pd5hv's, and ther' re actually SD-70's and the like.

I have seen this problem with siren drivers which appear to be k-55's. The give away is the DCR which comes in at 6 ohms instead of the usual 11 ohms. The siren drivers are being passed off as pd5hv's, and ther' re actually SD-70's and the like.

SF: What about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-K-55-Atlas-Sound-Model-PD-5VH-Horn-Driver_W0QQitemZ260222923970QQihZ016QQcategoryZ137944QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"Lifestyle"auctionsnow.....; I wonder who else uses "Lifestyle" in their ads? It's fraud, plain and simple. The auction is, however, over. Contacting the buyer will just get someone in trouble before it's over. This "fake" or non-Klipsch parts issue gets pretty bad on eBay.

I know someone else with "Lifestyle" in a user name. Please fill me in, how is that fraud?

I agree that contacting the poor buyers is against eBay policy, which is why I posted here in hopes they would discover the scam before they paid. I sure feel sorry for them, one paid over $95.00 with shipping.

SF: What about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-K-55-Atlas-Sound-Model-PD-5VH-Horn-Driver_W0QQitemZ260222923970QQihZ016QQcategoryZ137944QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That one is a pd5vh, not a siren driver. Since it's made in TX in stead of NJ, it's probally not a dual phase plug version.

That one is a pd5vh, not a siren driver. Since it's made in TX in stead of NJ, it's probally not a dual phase plug version.

I understood that all Atlas PD5-VH were exactly the same as the old style K-55-V spring-loaded (one-piece phase plug). Are you saying Atlas PD5-VH drivers manufactured in NJ have the two-piece phase plug?

I understood that all Atlas PD5-VH were exactly the same as the old style K-55-V spring-loaded (one-piece phase plug).  Are you saying Atlas PD5-VH drivers manufactured in NJ have the two-piece phase plug?

The solder terminal klipsch logo'd pd5hv's made in NJ have a dual phase plug. Current production solder terminal klipsch logo'd pd5hv's made in TX are single phase plug. It's not clear if the pd5hv's in the photo for the action have the klipsch logo. In any evnent, since it's made in TX, it would not have the dual phase plug. Current production k-55-X's are pd5hv's made in TX and also have that tag you see across 2 screws which denote made in TX, but are single phase plugs.

"Lifestyle"auctionsnow.....; I wonder who else uses "Lifestyle" in their ads? It's fraud, plain and simple. The auction is, however, over. Contacting the buyer will just get someone in trouble before it's over. This "fake" or non-Klipsch parts issue gets pretty bad on eBay.

I know someone else with "Lifestyle" in a user name. Please fill me in, how is that fraud? I agree that contacting the poor buyers is against eBay policy, which is why I posted here in hopes they would discover the scam before they paid. I sure feel sorry for them, one paid over $95.00 with shipping.

Sorry for the delay in responding.... Busy.... "Parsing" problem, I was in a hurry. I was referring to the asinine claims, etc. in the advertisements by the "other speaker company". The"fraud" sentence refers to the eBay sellers who deliberately go to junkyards and get old Atlas siren horns, clean them up and advertise them as K-55's......