Advice on running two subs with Rf-83 system

darthdave

I know the RF-83' really have a nice range of bass all by themselves so Im curious what would be a good choice of a pair of subs to run with this system. Obviously Im not going to get the best choices with a budget of about $1000 so should I buy two mediocre subs or but one awesome one and double them up later? I definitely want two in my final setup so any advice is good.

I'd allways take one awesome sub over 2 mediocre subs anyday. Who wants a louder version of a mediocre sub anyways? One sub is easier to integrate than two (unless colocated) and you can always upgrade to two in the future if you feel the need.

Whats colocated, stacked in the same place? Also what is a good single $1000 dollar subwoofer that is really only for super low end power? I think the RF-83s are going to cover alot of ground all on their own so I need something that will dislocate bones and stuff.

Sufficient power thrown at the RF-83's or RF-7's will reduce your need for a second sub.

However, a second sub is nice.........so is a third, fourth etc.

One very good sub before multiple mediocre subs.........I learned the expensive way.[8o|]

What are you powering your 83's with? Klipsch speakers don't need a lot of power to make them go loud or sound good........but when given more power they can be a whole different animal.[:o]