How to delete files that are ON the ipod?

Coytee

I'm a dummy as I can't figure this out...

I've read that you connect it and then through a browser, treat it as a hard drive (doesn't work for me, don't see it)

I've read that I go into Itunes and view contents there to delete, also doesn't work for me. In fact, they're all 'grayed out' as though they are for viewing only

???

It can't be this hard so what am I missing?

I don't know what apple does when they put songs onto the ipod but they end up in about a thousand different folders and they rename everything so you can't delete it like your first method. To remove songs you need to use itunes or winamp and I think windows media player because they will find all the songs and make a list for you. If the songs are grey I think it means that the songs are still being transfered.

I don't know about accessing through a browser, you are much better off doing it through iTunes.

There are two easy ways to do it.

1. From the main iPod screen in iTunes, find the button that says Sync only checked songs and videos. Go into the Music Library, uncheck the ones you want to remove, and then re-sync.

2. If you prefer the direct approach (you will lose some functionality like rating songs, seeing your play count, etc.), click on the box that says Manually Manage music and videos. Your songs will no longer be greyed-out in the iPod and you can delete manually.