7.1 Speaker selection

StanO

I have upgraded from 430 cti to 1080p TV(Samsung LN-T4669FX).

I wanted to explore the Blu-ray movie option that 1080 has, so I bought a Playstation 3 40 gig. Last night I watched my first HD movie,Resident Evil:Extinction and was surprised at how well it looked. Not to mention that it's a great movie.

I am going with a Denon AVR-4308CI receiver. It's a true 7.1 with 140 watts per channel. It also equalizes the speaker placement on its own.

When it comes to selecting 7.1 speakers, things go Grey for me. There is not much of a selection out there right now. I am looking at:

Klipsch Quintet SL Home Theater{5.1), Synergy KSW12(subwoofer) and either a ceiling or wall in mount between the front and rear speakers. Klipsh SCW-2.

Will this work,should I go with separate speakers all together? What are your recommendations?

18r
StanO

I have a very similar setup with an Onkyo 605 receiver. I started with a C-2 center and S-2 fronts even though they shouldn't be in front. I got them because I needed to wall mount the fronts and those were the best I could find locally. Eventually I got talked into moving the S-2's to the read and getting new fronts. Like you I needed ceiling mounts on the sides and went with the KHC-6 which you can find at Best-Buy. My subwoofer is a KSW-12 just like you are looking at. That's not the current model but it is making me happy and I bought it online at a substantial discount from Vann's. Which brings me to my fronts. I bought a pair of SLX wall mounts from Vann's. They are kind of the big brothers to the Quintet's you are looking at. Unfortunately a quick look at Vann's didn't show any. Maybe they sold out. They were a great buy at a little over $100 a piece. I see them on Amazon but for twice what I paid. If you could find the SLX for what I paid, you could get seven of them and add a sub and you'd be happy. I suppose you could call Vann's and see if they have any left.

Thanks nezff, I just "winning bid" a pair of 82's off of ebay.............760$

I like the idea of having correct bass from the main speakers... then the sub woofer for overall effect...yea baby
I bet I end up with 7.2!

Yea I know...ebay They said some guy bought a house, bought the system, and the seller left his system with the sell.....so he left with unloading what he can not return...who knows...

O yea nezff Go Tigers!!!

I'll leaning to wards the 62 for the center....

Wizop...SLX's for the rear...149$

52s for the middle

and a 12 sub woofer or two =7.2

Also Sprack Zarathustra (spell) ok 2001
StanO

buy from an authorized dealer, not ebay.

your right nezff, the guy is shipping the speakers as I write this,so his response is fine. But the poor guy that bought the house,purchased a sound system just to find out that the seller is willing to leave his with the house......has been doing this for years. How Manny houses is this guy buying???

I got a conformation on the sell/shipping thing and responded back wanting to know about, what kind of factory warranty I'll get with the speakers.

TBC
StanO

I looked at the auction I am gonna guess no warranty, but only a guess. The auction says "This is a new, factory sealed, first run "A" stock unit purchased from and authorized dealer" let us know how it goes and what he says about warranty. When you get them post your serial #'s and one of the Klipsch people will tell you where they came from.

Peace

eBay eBay sent this message to Stan Woolley (stanopoggy).

Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
ltCurve.gif Seller has responded to your question about this item rtCurve.gif
iconAlert_32x32.gif Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More.
Dear stanopoggy,

Full warranty cards are included!