IF I was to...

consistent

...set up my Khorns in a 2way configuration, what would be the best crossover using the K402 (driver and lens), a tractrix with K55 or going with any other suggestions. It's no doubt been brought up here before but I have to ask in light of some of the refinements going on.

From what I gather the Khorn is probably best crossed at about 300hz and nor more than 350hz. There are some great (not cheap) drivers from B & C that could accompany the Khorn from (500 to 20,000).

Thanks guys.

Well, the K55 would require a three way configuration of course, but to my ears, the best my Khorns ever sounded used the following:

K55 and tractrix horn

CT 125 tweeter

Type A crossover crossed at 4500hz.

The sound was amazing to my ears.

set up my Khorns in a 2way configuration

I thought the Khorn was quite difficult to turn into a 2-way?

what would be the best crossover using the K402 (driver and lens),

You mean the K402 horn that's used on the Jubilee? So you're looking at putting a Jubilee tophorn onto a Khorn? We (most of us) cross the K402 at 500 hz and I think that's the main problem with the Khorn bass bin is it doesn't go that high. That said, you asked what crossover... an active would probably give you the best flexiblity.

From what I gather the Khorn is probably best crossed at about 300hz and nor more than 350hz. There are some great (not cheap) drivers from B & C that could accompany the Khorn from (500 to 20,000).

If I read you right, doesn't that right there, leave a hole from 350 to 500 hz??

I'd go with what Dee said OR, if you don't yet have the Khorns, you could go LaScala bass bins and the K402 to make a JubeScala. (LaScala bass bin goes higher than the Khorn)

The 402 on top of a LaScala works/sounds great but looks a bit unweildly. I've seen a picture of a K402 on top of Rigmas Khorn bass bins and it looked ever more ungainly.

These are just my random thoughts. If I were you (and if I understand you correctly about putting a K402 on top of a Khorn bass bin) then I'd PM Rigma and ask him his thoughts since he did exactly that while he was building his Jubilee bottoms. I'd venture to say that he's the only one who's actually heard a 402 on a Khorn bin?

Thanks Guys,

Yes I meant to mention the 'hole' from 300 to 500. It appears the Jub deals with it better which allows for a more diverse range of 'top end' solutions. I had the LS years ago but found it too boomy (didn't know much about room set up in those days). Just got to find my way around the wife allowing me to keep my Khorns while I save up for a Jub. I do like my Khorns. Wonder if Rigma does kits?

Cheers