To hell with monster cable

damonrpayne

Hey oldbuckster... I'm an employee of Blue Jeans Cable. We are definitely NOT a multi-million dollar company. There are 8 of us in a rented warehouse in Seattle.

Hello Studiorat. Glad to see Blue Jeans on a Klipsch board. It is a good mix in my book. I, like many others, could not be more pleased with my cables from your company. Excellent quality, good price and a much faster delivery than I had hoped for! It is nice to see a small company owner stand up to the big guys. Pass along my best wishes, and just like Chuck D and Flava Flav said... Fight the Power! Don't back down from the empty threats.

Chris

I personally think he made a mistake by writing this letter to the other lawyers.

It would have been much better to wait to put this in front of the judge at the intial hearing, then ask for an immediate dismissal. Showing his homework and the lack of claim, the judge would dismiss this in a heartbeat making it much harder for Monster to make another claim against them or any other compititon.

JM

I think by him pushing this to audioholics it opened eyes. I saw this come along onto slashdot as well, after that, well you get tons of attention. It puts Monster in a bad spotlight regardless of going infront of the judge or not. Like someone said, the public will find out, but if you look at the power the internet hold, you can see how quickly this got moved around on different boards.

I don't find it easy to predict the outcome of a judge, or even a mediation, particularly at the onset. Nor, have any of the litigators or defense folks I've hired. Folks that bill by the hour aren't always motivated to get anything thrown out, especially at the onset. Now where's the fight in that? Each side always has a story to tell (and money sunk) by the time it gets that far. Any litigator that thrown out on dismissal too many times would seem to need a career path adjustment.

Our litigation system continually amazes me with it's inefficiency. I think you're trying to apply common sense!