Anyone here using a BFD?

SWL

Anybody that is familiar with the BFD............maybe you could give some feedback on your experience with this unit.[:D]

The main reason for this post.........I was hoping that somebody could give me some settings that you've found to be beneficial to your subs, room etc.

Any responses would be much appreciated!![:D]

I use a BFD with my IB. If I gave you my settings,it would most likely sound like garbage in your room. That is unless you had a room identical to mine and the same type sub in the same location. I may have a null where you have a peak. I guess I'm not quite sure what the OP is looking for.

Anybody that is familiar with the BFD............maybe you could give some feedback on your experience with this unit.Big Smile

No pun intended? My "feedback" on the BFD. To me, there was a pretty good learning curve. You have to understand what the BFD is capable of doing and be able to understand what is happening in your room with the bass. It can't be used without a dB meter and or some sort of mike and room measuring software. It definitely is not a plug in and go device. For the money, there's not much out there that can do what it does, but it's not a simple device to use for a novice. Once mastered, it can help tame room induced problems and smooth out the sound of your sub.

The ideal settings would be different for different gear...

Yeah........that makes sense. I've been using one for a while now without measuring.....only by ear. Now, while all of you are shaking your heads, I have had some success with it.........not as much as if I had some measuring equipment.........but by only doing one to four filters at a time this thing is really cool for $100.00.............not the easiest piece of gear to operate,though.[:$]

why in the world ..

would ya wanna run a BFD, on yer Stereo ..??

and don't use Vinyl, as an excuse ...Indifferent

I assumed he was using it on his sub, like most do with HT.

Yes, with a sub for home theatre and music as well.

By the way CECAA..........did you go with QSC instead of the XTI's? Probably a big improvement over the XLS's, huh?

By the way CECAA..........did you go with QSC instead of the XTI's? Probably a big improvement over the XLS's, huh?

The XLS's are a great bang for the buck amp. They'ye actually slightly quieter than the QSC's when no material is playing however neither is audible from the listening position. The XLS's are extremely clean untill they're pushed HARD and then they get a little hard on the ears, on certain material. Bear in mind, this is at levels you don't maintain for long anyway. The QSC's never seem to get to that point. As a matter of fact, they're very non-fatiguing at levels you have to shout to hear the person next to you. The fans can be made quieter on the QSC's than the XTI's also due to the fact that the Crowns have 2 fans mounted on the outer part of the case and the PLX's have 1 that's positioned in the center of the case. I was very pleasantly surprised at the XTI's though, especially for the price. My last 2 PLX's are on the way and then I'll most likely e-bay my last 2 XTI's like I did with my other 2.