High Res LP Interest?

Mallette

Any interest in hearing 24/88.2 record transfers? I know not that many have high resolution digital capability and wondered just how many and whether there was interest in my posting a couple of transfers.

One I'd thought about is a c.1929 Kid Ory "Muskrat Ramble" original 78 that really blows people away, and then perhaps some quality audiophile disc of the level you hate to play (worrying about damage, etc) and yet love to hear.

What do you think?

Regards,

Dave

I would be...

What do I need to play them ??

Something that can handle 24/88.2. Most common way is a PC soundcard of audiophile quality playing back through your main system.

I am always hoping for the advent of the "Universal Player" from OPPO or the like that can handle wav, FLAC, etc on sight whether on a CD, DVD, or BluRay disc as well as from a USB device.

It will happen...the question is not whether but when.

Dave

Dave,

I'd certainly be interested! But like whatever55, I'm dumb about how to play it on my system. Can it be done on a Mac? I'll try one of the discs you kindly sent me...

I haven't seen a Mac in 15 years, so I've no idea what they do. Check the specs on the native audio chip set. Even a lot of PC's are going up to 24/96 these days, though, of course, the quality is variable at best. You might look in to 3rd party cards if the Applefuehrers allow such.

USB is a possibility. One thought... Go to www.computeraudiophile.com and ask there. Seems to be a lot of Mac users on that board. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Wish I could be more help...

Dave

PS - >I'd certainly be interested! But like whatever55, I'm dumb about how to play it on my system. Crikey, Greg, I am 58. I'll cross RAM sticks with any 25 year old pencil geek...[8-|]