Anyone know where I can audition Cornwalls in Westchester NY ?

joe gutowski

Thanks...that's about 3-4 drive.

BTW, I'm looking for that big,airy,almost concert-like sound ...do the Cornwall's do that?

Far better than anything else in their price range. If you ever drive through the Baltimore area, you're welcome to stop by for an audition.

It is not clear about what kind of Cornwall you are interested in.

If you are interested in the used market, then there are plenty of Cornwall & Cornwall 2s around (the changeover was approx in the early 1980s). All in all, they will sound somewhat similar (as compared to "other" speakers). There should be some in your neck of the woods.

However there is also a newly re-done Cornwall that can be purchased new. They have not been around very long so not many of us have heard them nor is it likely that you be able to find one used. Nor is it likely that many Klipsch dealers will have some on the floor. It is claimed that they they are better/different sounding, but I have not actually heard them.

Good Luck,

-Tom

BTW, I'm looking for that big,airy,almost concert-like sound ...do the Cornwall's do that?

Only speaking for myself ..................... YUP, Mine Do ........ Don't start breathin' 'till you pump 'em !!!!!!!

Hang around abit, some one will pop up closer to you, but there's always that ride up here !!!!!!!!!