DTS Blowing Speakers-Yammie?

boom3

I probably have this muddled, but the SO tells me that Yamha has released a firmware upgrade for our RXV 3800 that will prevent DTS from creating a burst of noise that can blow speakers. Anybody know more about this? It may be specific to Yamaha since I understand Yamaha and TI are pointing fingers at each other about it.

Onkyo also has this problem with the TX-SR**05's. When bitstreaming DTS HD Master Audio through any of these receivers many have experienced a loud pop, possibly resulting in speaker damage. Onkyo and Yamaha have DSP firmware updates that correct the problem.

It fixes a serious issue that could cause speaker damage or your neighbors thinking you shot your wife with a .38 or .45 gun (due to the LOUD bang)
smile.gif
See here for details
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1008620

I could be wrong, but I thought the problem was only with certain receivers and DTS-HD MA tracks on certain Blu-ray movies. This is the first I have heard that it was on any other DTS track. It is confirmed that certain receivers do not have the problem such as Pioneer brands, but it is more brands than Yamaha. I would recommend that if anybody has a Blu-ray player that they definately do a search at avsforums.com to verify that you do not need a firmware upgrade.