Oppo 980 owners: Question

You can play music directly off a flash drive plugged into Oppo's built-in USB port. This sounds great for my needs. I am wanting to know how you select songs off the flash drive (assuming I will put lots and lots of songs on a single flash drive).

The link below is to the manual. It indicates at pages 38 and 36 that you can navigate a TV screen menu to create a playlist, but what if I don't want to hook up to a TV? Is there any other way to navigate around songs on a flash drive? What I would like is to create several playlists and put each playlist in a folder. Today, I might want to listen to playlist 1 in folder 1; tomorrow, playlist 4 in folder 4. Can you just start playing out of a particular folder without having the aid of a TV to help navigate? Thanks.

http://www.oppodigital.com/dv980h/download/DV-980H%20English%20Manual.pdf

I read the manual today, then went to OPPO web site. Can't find a thing that says just what file types it will play. I know my 981HD won't do wav, though OPPO says they are "working on it." I filed a query with tech support. I am quite interested in this.

I'll share the results.

Dave

I read the manual today, then went to OPPO web site. Can't find a thing that says just what file types it will play. I know my 981HD won't do wav, though OPPO says they are "working on it." I filed a query with tech support. I am quite interested in this.

I'll share the results.

Dave

I thought songs on store-bought CD's are in .wav.

This is from Oppo: (It dang sure better play my CD's [:@])

Disc Types

DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, SACD, CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD
DivX (DivX Certified Home Theater Profile Parameters, V2.2 with Addendum. Covers DivX 3 - 6)
CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW, DVD+R DL