How to hook up cable

wife-said-no

What is the best way to get large guage speaker wire to fit into a receiver. I am using 14 guage wire in a bi-wire configuration. Because of this my end that goes into the receiver is pretty large. I am thinking of getting new cables (10g) and just wanted to know how to get the ends to fit.

I am using a Sony DA555ES receiver.

------------------

Come on honey why can't I spend some more money?

Also, some banana plugs let you "stack" them (they have a hole in the back that accepts another banana plug). Look at www.partsexpress.com and see what they have in the way of banana plugs (if you can't fit spades into your speaker connections on the receiver --mine have a plastic collar around them that makes it impossible to use spades).

Doug

------------------

My System

go w/the 'naners'. avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15 on the way!!

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/$22 vinyl pull-down window shade 'screen'-rough side out

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

how far are you running your speaker cable?....if the length is not very far, you should not need to run really thick gauge wire..(10-12 gauge wire)....i know that this is a whole another discussion in itself...but i agree that the best way would be stacked banana plugs as mentioned above....personnally, i recommend the braided cat5 cable...it is a definite improvement over standard 14-12 guage "speaker" wire...

quote:

Originally posted by minn_male42:

personnally, i recommend the braided cat5 cable...it is a definite improvement over standard 14-12 guage "speaker" wire...

I have thought about this but I am too lazy to make them only to find out that there is no difference.

------------------

Come on honey why can't I spend some more money?

You can find speaker connectors which crimp onto the ends of your wire that look like gold plated braid. It isn't too large in diameter but because it is flexible, makes good contact with the connectors on your amp. Try a car stereo installation shop for these.