KSP-S6 woofers blown, and one crossover.

A gentleman I work with has 2 pairs of KSP-S6 that are damaged. I checked all the drivers and several were stiff, some blown open, while others still work partially but incorrectly.

Where would be the best place to get a total of 8 woofers for these speakers? Cheapest oem parts available? I also need one crossover. Not sure if these are 8ohm speakers, but Id suspect that they are.

Long and short it appears that these were driven well beyond their power handling capibilities. Please email me, or pm me here, at spyonu2007@gmail.com.

All the tweeter horns appear to be in good shape.

Dan

Dan,

It will be a bit of a headache with the crossovers. I had a damaged crossover and could not find a replacment anywhere. Klipsch had sold out of these some time ago and It did not sound like any replacments from them would be coming up. I ended up at a local speaker repair center and they did a very nice job with the repair(South Florida Speaker Repair). As for the wooders, I see them show up on Ebay. These maybe available directly from Klipsch. I do have 4 myself that are "new-old stock". These were purcahsed on Ebay for a project that I am no longer working on. If you have any interest in them you can contact me.

Good luck

If you have the crossover I am sure that Bob Crites or one of the other wunderkinds on here (DeanG, popbumper, etc.) can help you out...I know that Klipsch parts has the woofers as I had to replace one of mine on my KSP-S6...quick delivery and an easy fix...good luck,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help fellas,

I have one set down, repaired and functional. Im still looking for 4 more drivers, but not looking to break the bank on them. Ideally, Id like to get another set of 4 at around 10$ each, plus shipping. (Im a cheap ares).

Thanks MIKE!

Dan,

Check this item # out on ebay. He was my original source and is offering more. Quick shipper, well packed. If you let hem know how yours were packed maybe shipping can be negotiated.

Glad to here of success on pair # 1

Mike