Bookshelf (and receiver) for rc3 and rs3

pretzelb

Right now I have my Heresy IIs with my very old Yamaha rx-v995 receiver and some rs3's and rc3. I was thinking it would be more balanced if I matched some bookshelf speakers to the rs3 and rc3, and it would look better which would please the better half. I was wondering what would match best. I was thinking the RB51 but wanted to check. Also, since it's been many years since I purchased a receiver, I was wondering if that might help balance out the system or at least give it a boost.

Hello. Yes, if you got some reference bookshlef speakers, the sound would definately match better. Since it sounds like you are going to use them as mains, maybe look into some RB-35's or RB-81's. Are you going to get stands for them? What is your budget? How big is your room? The more we know, the better...

RB-35's @ Sound Adv***/Twe**** for buy one get one free(pair $299.98). Bought mine with an

RC-62(20% off) couldn't be happier with purchase. HT/music dynamics changed completely. I know

RB-81's would be perfect match with center but this setup sounds great to me.

Thanks for the replies so far. Let me try to fill in some details I left out.

• Budget - I'd like to stay in the 300-500 range. The RB51 seem a good target price but I wasn't sure if I could save money.
  • I would prefer to not go eBay and buy new.
  • As far as I know I can't get discontinued items at any local stores (very few local stores sell Klipsch).
  • I haven't been to the nice local store that carries Klipsch yet to see what they do have - I've only been to a retailer and their selection and display was horrible.
  • I wasn't going to get the stands at first but I might later. I may even try building a simple box shelf out of wood to store movies or dog toys or something.
  • The room is very poorly designed for home theater because one wall is entirely open. I need to measure and get back with the dimensions.

It sounds like any Reference or R* model is the place to start with my old rc3 and rs3. What I don't know is what would be better between the RB10, RB51, RB61, and RB81. Like I said, I could just go by price budget but I'd rather get a decent match for the set.

I'm also a bit lost when it comes to the receiver end and I'm not sure if I'd get any benefit from upgrading the RX-V995, or what to even look for in a new receiver.