Quartets get a drink from the fountain of youth...

Already a fan of Bob Crites and his handiwork having had a couple pair of Heresys freshened by him a few years ago...I finally sent him the crossovers from my Quartets...

Backstory:

I found a pair of Quartets for sale on craigslist a few years ago...I picked them up for a decent price...having never heard these speakers (or at least not since 1989 Quartet/Forte' II/Chorus II) but hearing great things about the Forte' II I bought them...seller had gotten them out of an estate sale...owned by an elderly couple and looking like the day they were made except for the fact that they needed a fresh coat of BLO...

I hesitated to upgrade these as I had gotten an nice (fair) price on them but not the smokin' hot price some report when buying their Klipsch speakers...they sounded great as is...could they get better...there was no real need to upgrade...was there???

I brought them home...hooked them up and after a couple of years decided that I liked their sound better than my beloved Heresys when the Quarts were properly placed...they sounded very much like Heresys but with MORE bass...I knew I should updatethem with Bob's crossovers as the were nearly 20 years old and the crossovers during this time are placed on the terminal cup...a lot of weight on that plastic cup.

Current Story:

I take the cross overs off and send them to Bob at B&K Sound...in a few days they are on their way back to me...I open them up...they look beautiful mounted on their new bases...get 'em all hooked up and start spinning the CDs...very nice!

I only have about 6 hours of listening in them but it seems the sound is more detailed and clear...I believe the upgrade is worth it and will be upgrading my Home Theater Quartets when I can...it also seems the little EICO HF 81 (a whopping 14wpc) is even stronger pushing these 97.5dB efficient speakers...an added plus!

Thanks Bob...anyone still on the fence for something like this should take advantage when you can...highly recommended...but you knew that already!...[;)]

...Now 'scuse me while I let Liz Phair sing about...whatever is going on in that pretty little head of hers...

Bill