Harman Kardon Receivers?

sionghchan

No ... no pré outs available on my AVR132 .. pitty.

I'll see what I can do ... I'm a bit tight on budget now.

Maybe I'll buy me a Marantz AV receiver or so ... later ... not really a high-end amp ... rather something like the SR4002.

Looks good enough for me .... has pré-outs,.. hdmi switching ... and has 80W RMS/channel.

My HK has only 40W RMS/ch.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

My HK has only 40W RMS/ch.

Yep, I totally remember feeling the same way with 50 watts/ch with my HK. I REALLY love the sound of the HK, it just needed more muscle. My current Onkyo has a lot more muscle, but not quite as musical as the HK. Can't I get the best of both worlds?

• Moderators

Any speakers will need a proper break in period to sound good. You can't expect them to sound the best right out of the box.

That is a highly debated subject. Unfortunately, there is no way to prove that speakers sound better after a break in period. Some suggest it is just your brain getting used to the new sound so in our minds, it does sound different than when they first came out of the box. I tend to lean against the theory of a break in period myself. Either way, Klipsch speakers sound good with or without a breakin period. [:D]

I live in a little village about 5 miles away from Ghent (East Flanders)

You're from Dallas,... been in Fort Worth about 7 years ago to visit family of my former wife that migrated over there.

All I can remember is that it was the end of april and it was already getting hot over there, + 90 degrees F ... nice.

To talk about my amp,... it's like I'm missing a "Loudness" function on my HK ... something that gives me that extra little bit of power on the low at low volumes because that's what seems to be the trouble over here.

At higher volumes ... it's rather OK ,.. low volumes ... [*-)]

I wonder if Marantz is better in handling those things,.. the low at low volumes ....

I got my degree in Liege, I spent as much time as I could on the coast (mainly Oostende). Out of the places I have been in the world I think Belgium is one of my favorite. If it was not for that darn weather, it would be the best. I'm probably partial to it though, since my grand mother was originally from the North of Belgium. [:D]

I have a HK 645 receiver but it is hooked up to a 5x100W separate amp (you can see a picture of my set up in my profile) so power is not a issue for me. However, the processor of the reciever can get confused fairly easy, it might be a good idea to reset it and redo your calibrations.

The first time I got mine I could not get a good bass out the system. After a reset I noticed it got better, but during the calibration process it would get screwed up again.Doing this a few times I realized that somehow one of the setting would just take the bass out. It might be worth it to try different configurations.

The RF 7 is an outstanding speaker but it does need power to perform to the extend of it's ability. Position is also critical with those speakers

Hang around, the klipsch forum is a cool place with a lot of knowledgeable people, I'm sure someone will come up with a solution for you