Jub Mid Question

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Dean, I am not irritated at all. One thing that I want to be clear about is that I am not talking about the Jubilees either. I don't own any yet. I am talking about the K402/K69 in 2 way on my MWM system and Jub clones. The clones are close to Jubs for sure but not exactly the same. I think the Jub bass bin is the best Klipsch has done, period. I just question the extension on the 2 way using a K69. All the other technology points about Jubs hit home with me. I've been solid on these type of comments for quite a while as you know. It's simply a matter of opinion, and I don't get irritated about it. Sorry if it came off that way. I need a course in writing more polite I guess.</P>

<P>All the comparisons I did were with lascalas....with your networks in them.....and a variety of amps (tubes and s/s). For 30 years the only thing I ever had in my house was all the Heritage speakers. So that sound is pretty engrained in my head. I never had any Advents or JBLs.</P>

<P>There are others who share my opinion but they don't post about it. Maron's is one of the first I've seen.</P>

<P>I guess I am still a 3 way guy.

Even though the harmonic distortions are occuring above 20kHz (or whatever you wanna call the top-end of the human range), I don't think that means those distortions are inaudible.

For example, inability to hear a single 40kHz tone is a lot different than being able to hear 3dB of power compression at 20kHz....even though the power compression at 20kHz will show a lot of harmonic information at 40kHz.

Operating a 2 inch driver on a horn in your home with sufficient input power to achieve power compression, on a regular basis, will ensure you will never again hear 20kHz.[:D]

Even though the harmonic distortions are occuring above 20kHz (or whatever you wanna call the top-end of the human range), I don't think that means those distortions are inaudible.

For example, inability to hear a single 40kHz tone is a lot different than being able to hear 3dB of power compression at 20kHz....even though the power compression at 20kHz will show a lot of harmonic information at 40kHz.

Operating a 2 inch driver on a horn in your home with sufficient input power to achieve power compression, on a regular basis, will ensure you will never again hear 20kHz.Big Smile

lol [:P]

Hopefully nobody is thinking that power compression is the only source of distortion [A] It's just an easy analogy [:P]

Hey Mark, if ever you get the chance, I'd love to hear your tweeters and whatever network configuration you're using...perhaps sometime we could get some curves to see what kind of sound you prefer?

That MWM has got some extra thump in the bottom, which makes me wonder if you don't like your treble boosted a bit to balance things out?

Btw, you forgot to blaim your room's acoustics too [;)][:P][A]

Mike, You are always welcome to come and hear my system. That goes for anyone else too. At one point I did use an RTA system to measure my setup and room. I ended up adding bass traps and some absorbers until I got the sound I wanted and what looked like a resonable response curve. I am using Roy's EQ settings for the K402/K69 from 500 - 5000. Flat tweeter curve above that, and a good sized dip in the EQ from around 125-200 as I have a nasty peak in my room around 160. The networks are specially designed ALK ESNs for a dual K33 system and a 500/5000hz. crossover. EQ is a DBX 1231.......analog. This is the approach that sounded best to me over those months of testing.