connection to a reciever with no LF output?

obobskivich

ok, so i've got a reciever thats designed for stereo output, and has no LFE/sub output

reading the manual to the RW-10d/RW-12d (i'm thinking i should probably go with a sub with my new bookshelves, just to get the LF i want) it talks about line level in, from the pre out, which my reciever has, but it has no pre out return on teh sub, so my reciever wouldn't be getting any signal back

it also talks about high level ins, which I can connect to the "B speaker" output on my reciever (yes or no?)

but wouldn't that damage the sub by driving power into it?

is there any other way to get the sub connected? (i really dont want to trash this reciever seeing as its got really nice output)

whats the cutoff like if i just run a line-level signal (i think i can get two pairs of line level out from my new DAC (haven't bought it yet, waiting on speaker choice to lemme know if i can do the DAC yet), so could i just run one to the reciever and one to the sub? (would that suck for volume control?))