Epik Conquest?

gilbertma

Hi y'all, I'm a new guy here looking for answers since I'm doing a man cave/home theater and have become intrigued by the Epik line of new subs. I currently have 2RF-7's for the front stage, I just bought a RC-7 from joessportster for the center and I'm going to use my KLF-20's for my rear surround. So I've been researching subs and Epik keeps coming up and I found this thread. I would like to know if everyone that posted here about their Epiks would buy the same sub again now that they are broken in and the dust has settled. It doesn't look like the Conquest can be beat for the price point and since I have the great lows from the RF-7's I'm looking for that strong 30hz and below output. My room is going to be 12.5ft wide by 40ft long with 10ft ceiling and no openings. One end of the room will be used for other than HT purposes and I don't have any plans for closing it off at this time. Any thoughts about how the Conquest would do in this room size? Thanks for any answers you all have.

If anyone in the Jax, FL area has a Conquest I sure wouldn't mind hearing(feeling) it.

( I reposted this from the bowels of another thread for greater visibility- sorry for the repostage if it offends)

Holy Maximum Excursion! I just saw a Youtube video somebody took of their Conquest during the WOTW's opening pod scene. Looks like a small child could get hurt getting close to that thing, it appeared to have a hell of a knockout punch. I could be pulling the trigger on one of these very soon.......

I totally agree. If I was going to buy a powered sub instead of DIY/custom set-up it would've been a Conquest hands down. Only draw back is the size, if you are fine with that (and which of us with the huge Klipsch mains aren't?), It is a no brainer.

I just checked Associated Global Shipping tracking page, it sez:

Total Pieces Total Weight Service Origin Destination
1 339 DF ORD PIT
Line.gif
Pieces Description Weight Length Width Height
0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0
1 SUBWOOFERS 339 48 40 33
0 0 0 0 0
Tracking Notes:
06/11/2008@1803 STATUS: DISPATCHED FOR PICK-UP
06/11/2008@1951 STATUS: DISPATCHED FOR PICK-UP
06/12/2008@1840 STATUS: ON HAND ORIGIN STATION

06/16/2008@0820 STATUS: IN-TRANSIT

On track for tomorrow delivery!!!

I've had mine for about 3 months and the dust will never settle with one of these bad boys in the room. Should work great in your room, mine is in 19' X 30' room with 8.5' ceiling and sounds fantastic!! And yes, I would purchase it again...........

Build quality is excellent! Its big and heavy thats for sure! The ports seem kind of flimsey though.

Had it connected with a pair of Cornwalls and listened to the pods emerging scene from WOTW. Pretty impresive to say the least. Also listened to Saint Seans Symphony #3 for the organ, wonderful!

I will have to experiment with placement to get the best response and I will need to integrate it properly to the mains.

I also need to find good demo material, ideas anyone?

If you search this site, using "subwoofer demo," "sub demo," etc., you should find threads with recommendations for movies and music. Also, on www.avsforums.com, under the topic categories Forums>Audio>Subwoofers, there is a sticky thread for sub demo material, which has over 1000 posts.

• 2 weeks later...