EV Georgian info?

I cant find any dates on my Ev litrature or catalogs. I have some Harvey Elect. Catalogs from the 50,s I,ll need to go down in my man cave to check them out... This old EV cat. no. 122 has a yellow cover.. It contains all of there microphones... Speakers,, cartridges,,, RME shortwave equipment., EV Enclosure kits.,,, Power amps and tuners. and prices from back then... Whenever that was.. But no dates on catalogue. frustrating.

Don,

No, I had missed the hot link you posted, and read it now. The Bass cabinet looks the same in design, but proportions??, unknown. I do know, that what I posted is an example of a Georgian. I wont have info on this for maybe two months, but I was planning on showing some pictures when I get my stuff back. I have been replacing all of my Klipsch K 33-E woofers with EV 15W-Ks. I have long known of the origins and involvement of PWK with the Bass bins on the Georgians. Anyhow, Being less then 2 hours from Electro Voice in Michigan, and just over an hour from the guy in Ft Wayne, Indianna, who Electro Voice refers all of the owners of these early EV speakers too, I have him presently restoring 2 of my EV 15W-Ks. One of them even had the orriginal cone from the 50s. An orriginal has orange doped surround. EV cones that have black surrounds are replacements. Anyhow, I wanted them perfect and the baskets are presently getting tripple show chrome at Chromemasters in Tn. and the terminals are being recoated in nickel. I am having him put PWK pie logo dust caps on them, and they will be propperly placed so the emblems will be at 12 oclock with the terminals at the 9 oclock position as they will be inside the cabinette when mounted. Anyhow, the guy had 3 EV 30Ws at the shop while I was there. It was Electro Voice that I talked to, that sent me to him, and he is the only one they recommend. I am sure he probably has some stuff on the Georgian that I can access the next time I make a trip. I need to purchase or borrow a pre 1985 square magnet K-33E, and I plan to buy a cast frame crites woofer, and do an A, B, C, D comparrison and take votes with the shop owner, my brother in law who owns Klipshorns also, a high school buddy that has an all Corner Horn and LaScala surround system, and myself, and place some pictures and the story here when I get it all done.

Roger

Maron,

It soundsvery full and nice. I don't have any experience listening to mono, so this is new ground for me. But I will say that I was very pleasantly surprised and listened to it well into the night.

I did notice Brad had some amazing grill work when he came out of the bathroom. That old muskrat got me didn't he?