What to buy?

Dan_the_Framer

Klipsch makes lots of great speakers in a wide price range. Your budget and room size will narrow things down a lot.

If you have the space, the Heritage Series, with possibly a pair of Jubilees, would be great.
See: http://www.klipsch.com/products/lists/heritage.aspx

The THX Ultra 2 system is engineered to work together and gets great reviews. See it at:
http://www.klipsch.com/products/lists/thx-systems.aspx

Another factor is whether you listen mostly to music or movies. More info can enable better advice. There are smaller and more affordable systems in the Klipsch line in addition to the big stuff.

• Moderators

My vote is for RF-83 system...but I am biased.

As Islander has mentioned, there are many factors to consider before we can recommend any speakers that might meet your needs. Is space an issue? What is your budget? If you are married, would your wife allow you to have a pair of Jubilees that are the size of a VW Bug?

Nah, Jubilees are only the size of fridges. La Scalas are the size of washing machines and Heresies are the size of microwave ovens. Klipschorns are in between Jubilees and La Scalas. And they all sound great!!!

• Moderators

Nah, Jubilees are only the size of fridges. La Scalas are the size of washing machines and Heresies are the size of microwave ovens. Klipschorns are in between Jubilees and La Scalas. And they all sound great!!!

Now that's a great visual! One day I've gotta get around to hearing them for myself so I can see what all the hype is about. I still do not think I can get past the looks of them, no matter how good they sound. Too "old school" and vintage looking for my taste.

If budget is not that big of an issue, you could also go fo the new Palladium lineup.

Mmmm, Palladiums...

With the La Scalas, you do get past the looks. When my buddy first saw the big black plywood boxes, he commented that they looked home-made, but when he heard them, he was amazed at how realistic the music sounded, even at low volume. He'd probably get a pair himself if he had the space and the budget.

The other thing about La Scalas, black ones in particular, is that they start to look smaller as time goes by. That's not just my delusion, other owners have noticed it, too. They'll never look tiny, but after a while, they seem to be a part of the room and seem less obtrusive.

As for the Klipschorns, they fit nicely into the corners and have a surprisingly small footprint.