Raising Sand

On DeanG's recommendation I picked up this Robert Plant/Allison Krauss album. Its not usually my kind of music but it's nice. It seems to me there is more noise in this recording than I would expect from a "good recording", and using both Cornwalls and headphones, the mix heavily favors the right channel.

Track 8: Trampled Rose is wonderfully haunting, definately my favorite on the album.

Anyone else familiar with this recording?

There was another thread going on here for a bit about Raising Sand ... Nice music, but the recording quality (or engineering, or mixing ... not sure) is so bad ... so much HISS .. I never listen to it.

Funny thing is T-Bone Burnett is very outspoken about poor digital mastering ... then he put this out ... seems like a bit of a hypocrite to me.

I really like it and it got my wife hooked on Robert Plant post Zep. 29 Palms is her new fav song. We flew to Birmingham to see them live and it was a treat. You can probably still catch the 1 hour Rob/Allison show on CMT if you can do a search. If you got the vinyl recently I'd say you are lucky, it went out of print quite a while ago and I searched all over the world (literally) to find 2 copies.

I read somewhere this was released before Burnett adopted his new protocols. Just a timing issue thing.