Anyone Attach an Academy to the Wall????

thewolf

I didn't try that but I'll tell you what I did do.

I once had 2 LaScalas and 2 EV Interface D's. (still have them)

The day came to purchase a HT unit and I bought a Yamaha but .... it's a 7 channel...what to do? I asked what they recommended as a best match for 2 LaScalas and they said the Academy. I said fine, give me three of them ("front effects" and center)

Evidently, the Yamaha wanted the "front effects" speakers to be ABOVE and behind the front mains (LaScalas). That was too difficult for my room so what I did was cut a 3/4" plywood panel, the same size as the underneith of the LaScala but I made it maybe four inches deeper.

I screwed that to the bottom and on the part in the back where it stuck out, I attached a flange (forget name of part) that allowed a 3/4" pipe to be screwed into it. I got a length of 3/4" pipe, screwed a "T" into it and then another nipple that screwed into a base I made for each Academy.

I ran the wire out of the academy, into the "T" and down the pipe, into the HT unit.

The base under the LaScala gave me a strong foundadion and they'd always be in the same proximity of the LaScalas because they were attached to them and NOT to the wall.

Doubt that will help you much but maybe if you're TV is on some kind of wooden support... you could work something similar and let the stand hold the plywood like my LaScalas did?

Good luck with it.... I know my wife did NOT want me to mount brackets to the wall so my solution worked perfectly for me.