La Scala II with 300B SET Amps

Put that order in TODAY !!!! I run my 1981 LSI Spits with 8.5 watts of 300B and am blown away by the depth an volume. I rarely get the volume knob over 1/4 turn. I also have used my 2w SET amp and ... while I have to turn the volume knob to 3/4 ... it also sounds great.

Both my amps are kits from Bottlehead.

Here is my often seen photo .... need to take a new one soon as I have made some changes

246693726_WZ8Zp-M.jpg

Dude, you need to get a Bozak mixer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently using 300b monoblocks on my Lascala II's and they sound great. Starting with 45 monoblocks, which I liked alot it was missing the fuller sound I personally prefer from a 300B. The midrange is wonderful on the 300B's with much more authority in the bass than the 45's. Either sounds great, but to my tastes the 300b's have the edge.

La Scala IIs [:D] [:P] [Y] plus the your amps equals great sound!! I heard some LS IIs with a Rouge Audio 80 or 90 watt tube amp and they sounded outstanding!

I use to have a pair of 2A3 Moondogs 3.5 watts and in my small living room they sounded great on my La Scalas.

enjoy!